Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What a Pain In The...


What a pain in the neck this project was...don't think I will ever make more of these...LOL...I altered an empty cheese box.

I stripped off the the layers of paper...then painted the box white.


Afterwards I painted it a bright orange and waited for it to dry...now this is where the headache started...paint should have dried within half an hour...but it didn't...I waited....did house work...came back and still very...very tacky...two hours later...four hours later still not dry...what the heck is going on I thought...called Carol to complain...she told me to turn the fan on it...couple of hours later I called her back...guess what...still not dry...she's laughing...I am not...finally with the day almost over and a waste...I decide to cover it with card stock.

This is what I finally got done...pumpkins behind a fence...the two circles are glued together... then cut a piece of scrap card stock and glue them onto it so that they can stand...Whew!!!...this project was a full time job.
This is the recipe:
Stamp Set: Fun Faces (retired from stampin' up) and Three Mini Pumpkins from Penny Black.
Card Stock: Only Orange, Old Olive, green galore, and Garden green.
Inks: Basic Black and Only Orange.
Markers: Only Orange, and Old Olive.
Additional Accessories: Limeade green wire purchased at Michael's, and Felt Leaf Stickers purchased at Targets....all other supplies are from Stampin' Up.
I never find out why the paint isn't dried...even though I covered it with the card stock you can still feel the paint is a little tacky...Carol is still having herself a good laugh...I am hungry and tired...didn't even eat lunch...I was consumed with this project...off to have myself a late lunch...early dinner...then I am going to treat myself to some Chocolate Moose Paw Ice Cream from Turkey Hill...I deserve it.
Have a stampin' good evening...and thanks for stopping by.
HUGS

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin