Friday, November 23, 2007

Jean's Thanks So Much

I received this card from Jean over at Stampin' Cos It's fun a few weeks ago, but never had a chance to post it...I thought I would do that today since I was too tired this morning to make a card...I got up at 4am to go to walmart...but after being shoved and pushed I left empty handed...then I headed over to Kohl's and as I opened the door a woman ran past me and rammed her shopping cart into my left hip...when she didn't apologize I was so angry I had to let out a few choice words I had for her...which I can't repeat here...and her response was "WOW some people have no holiday spirit"...I have no spirit holiday or otherwise when a rude witch slams me with her shopping cart at 5am in the morning...after going into the store I saw only one register was open...and if you can believe this there was a two and a half hour wait on a line that started at the front of the store and wound it's way all the way to the back of the building...so I left this store empty handed also...I ended up limping to my car that was parked almost a block away...I will never do this again...I will pay regular prices for what I want before going through this aggravation ever again...don't believe those retailers when they say that their profit margin is down...from what I saw this morning the parking lots were full and so were peoples shopping carts...now that I've whined to all of you I feel much better.


Jean is a Stampin' Up demonstrator in Blackwater, Australia and she did a beautiful job on this card...she layered whisper white, old olive, perfect plum and pale plum card stock onto another sheet of perfect plum...inside she wrote her note onto white printer paper since the perfect plum is very dark...she added very pretty white ribbon...the thank you sentiment is layered on old olive, perfect plum, and summer sun circles.she used her assortment of markers to colour in the image...ink was used to smudge the edges of the card stock...and it looks like a paper piercing tool was used to put the holes onto the whisper white card stock...the card is beautiful and it was just what I needed to look at this morning to get me out of my grumpy mood...thank you Jean.
I hope the rest of you have a better shopping Friday than I did...LOL...I will wait till next week and pick up what I need...can you believe I didn't even stop in at Michael's or AC Moore to use my 50% off coupon...wow!!! I must have really been mad...maybe tomorrow I will use it...but today I will stay home and have a stampin' good time.


I hope everyone has a stampin' good day and a better shopping experience than I did.

HUGS

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin