Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sprinkled With Fun

I was out shopping the other morning and came across a package of cute window clings...I have fallen in love with all the cute cupcake stamps that have been out there lately and all the projects everyone has been doing with cupcakes...so when I saw the cute cupcakes on the cling I thought WOW!!!... that would make a great non-stampin' good time project...LOL...I couldn't wait to get home and get started...this is what I came up with.
I must say I wasn't pleased at all as to how my project turned out...it's a good thing I only payed a $1.00 for the sheet...so no big investment lost here...LOL...I ran the cling through my Xyron so that it would stick to the card stock and added some glitter...but to no avail...I couldn't get the look I wanted for my card...I will tack this up onto my bulletin board to remind myself...no more experiments like this again...LOL.


This is what I ended up doing with a real set of stamps...and I'm much happier with the final results...for some reason my computer wouldn't let me crop the original pics...then I realized that I forgot to add my chocolate sprinkles to the cupcake...so I took another pic with the sprinkles...Lo and behold I was able to crop it this time...and get a somewhat decent pic.

The is the recipe:
Stamps: Clear Designs Cupcakes from Hero Arts.
*****
Card stock: whisper white......pink passion...lavender lace...brocade blue...and white printer paper from staples.
*****
Inks: purely pomegranate...and basic brown.
*****
Markers: stampin' write assorted colours.
*****
Additional supplies: snail adhesive...score-it board...blue bayou double stitched ribbon...cuttle bug happy birthday folder...stickles yellow and icicle glitters.


All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.
*****
Inside my card I added a plain piece of white printer paper.



Thanks for stopping by today...and have a stampin' good evening.


Stampin' HUGS


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin