Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cuttlebug Storage

I have so many cuttle bug folders that they all don't fit into my shoebox any more...I needed something to store all of them together...every thing i seemed to find was either too wide or not tall enough...I was in the grocery store last week and on the shelf was an empty box that coffee filters came in...I asked the manager if I could have it and he was more than happy to get rid of it...this was not a quick project...it did take me several days...but I'm so happy as to the way it turned out...the entire project used scraps or older papers and card stock that I had in my stash...this was a great project to use up some of my papers.

This is the front of the box...it has some punched stars...that opening was already cut out...so I didn't need to do any thing else with it.

This is the inside of the box...I didn't cover the bottom since I wouldn't be seeing it any way...then I stamped it with the stars.

This is what the sides look like...it has some punched out stars and some stamped stars.

I made four dividers to separate them into different sets.

I covered the card board with some left over wrapping paper...and then I added a few stars.

This is the back of the box...again a few more stars and a Little tag...because I cared enough to make it myself.

These are pictures of the completed box...and it is almost full...I will have to go and see if I can get myself another box to alter...LOL...I used the stars all over to bring the entire project together...since I used left over papers every thing didn't exactly match...but it does co-ordinate nicely...I also didn't make it too fancy since the box will be handled constantly when I have classes...I didn't want any thing that would fall off easily.

This is the recipe:
Stamp sets: dot alphabet...in the stars(retired)...and make it yourself from stampendous.
Card stock: blue stars paper from Sonburn papers...summer sun...assorted scraps...and light weight card board.
Inks: basic brown...and brilliant blue.
Additional supplies: 3M super 77 spray adhesive...xyron machine...scor-it board...large rectangle punch...rounded tab punch...scallop edge punch...ticket corner punch...large and small star punches.
All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.
Thank you so much for sharing this fun project with me this morning...I now have a nice storage box to keep my folders and to look at...and it was worth all the work...thanks again...and have a stampin' good day.

Stampin' HUGS

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin