Friday, August 7, 2009

A gift for you

The project for the sketchin' good time was to alter something...make a card or scrapbook page using the hummingbird digital stamp...this is what I came up with...I decided to alter a box...since I haven't altered anything in a long time.
I altered this box to make it a storage for stationary or a set of cards...I haven't decide which one I will do yet...but I think I'm leaning toward cards...the box is the one that the Hodge podge hardware came in...it's a nice size box.




Here is the original box.




I opened it up and spread it out flat to remove some of the creases...then I measured my paper to cover it...it was very easy...because all I did was trace the shape of the box.








This is August sketchin' good recipe:

Stamp sets: itty bitty background...tag a longs sentiment 9retired)...and hummingbird digi stamp from squigglefly.

*****

Card stock: white printer paper...rich razzleberry...green galore...patterned stripe paper from Ms. Elizabeth...and chip board flower sticker from KandCompany.

*****

Ink: bashful blue and rich razzleberry.

*****

Markers: assorted stampin' write and sakura rose glitter star pen.

*****

Punches:1" circle...wide oval...and scallop oval.

*****

Additional supplies: multi stripe ribbon from Michael's...sticky strip...score-it...fiskar cutter...crystal effects...pink mix mini discs...and jumbo lime green square brad.





All supplies from stampin' up unless otherwise noted.






On the top I use a JUMBO brad and some string to close it firmly.





I used different embellishments to complete my project...it took a couple of hours but it was well worth it...I'm very happy as to how it turned out.




Thanks for dropping in this morning and sharing my project with me...enjoy the beautiful morning and have a great day...and I hope you all have a sketchin' good time...thanks again.




Stampin' HUGZ


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin