Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grand Old Flag

It's a Grand Old Flag...yes it is...I like how this turned out...but not too happy with the quality of these clear stamps...they are very soft and squishy...if you press too hard you end up with a mess...they also don't hold ink very well...and once you remove them off the clear sheet they have trouble sticking to the acrylic block...but when I saw this cute set I thought I would try it...not a fortune lost since they were only a $1.00...I got my money's worth I think...and a cute little card.






This is the recipe:
Stamp sets: studio G clear stamps from Michael's.
*****
Card stock: real red...whisper white...brilliant blue...and white printer paper purchased from staples.
*****
Inks: real red and brilliant blue.
*****
Additional supplies: snail adhesive...corner punch...score-it board...cuttle bug distressed stripes folder...stampin' dimensionals...and stickles crystal glitter glue.


On the inside of the card...I added white printer paper that I ran half way through my cuttle bug folder...then I used the corner punch to round off the corners.
*****
The tiny little sentiment in the lower right hand corner of the card says "red, white, blue Grand Old Flag"...every time I stamped this sentiment the clear rubber would squish...I finally was able to get a descent image.
*****
All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.


Thanks for stopping by this morning...hope everyone has a stampin' good day.




Stampin' HUGS

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin