Monday, June 9, 2008

Star Spangled

It is only 5am and it's already 77 degrees outside...Ms. Yukiko enjoyed this early morning walk because she hates the heat...so I let her run around and chased her...we both had fun...but I wonder what my neighbours thought seeing me running around...LOL...These are the cards that we did yesterday in class...the ladies had a choice of making the Brilliant Blue star spangled...or the Real Red star spangled card...they were so much fun to make...they were also very quick and easy...the stars were made from left over scrap papers...so no need to go out and buy any special paper for this project...these cards would be great for a July birthday...make it in the brilliant blue for a masculine card...or real red for a more feminine card...this is a great project.
I saw a similar project to this on SCS...which gave me the inspiration for my cards...but I can't remember the name of the person and I couldn't find her project again...I should have book marked it...both of these cards feature inchies for the stars.


This is the recipe:
Stamp sets: Star Spangled Day (retired)
*****
Card stock: real red...whisper white...brilliant blue...white printer paper from Staples...and assorted printed scraps.
*****
Inks: brilliant blue.
*****
Additional supplies: large and small star punches...sizzix square die...pop dots...snail adhesive...cuttle bug decorative stars folder...stickles yellow glitter glue...The Robins Nest Primary dew drops...and scotch quick dry tacky adhesive.


All supplies from Stampin' Up.
Inside of the card is my favorite embellishment...and I think it looks great with this card...especially with the decorative stars embossed with my cuttle bug folder on the edges.

Brilliant Blue star spangled card...in the center of the red star is a red dew drop from the primary collection of the robins nest dew drops...great to use as a masculine card.


Real red star spangled card...in the center of this card is a star spangled sentiment with a touch of bling from the stickles yellow glitter glue...great to give as a more feminine card.
*****



Thanks for stopping by this hot morning...please try and stay cool during this scorcher of a day...also remember our four legged family members...they get hot and over heated to...have a KOOL!!! stampin' good day.


Stampin HUGS

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin