Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Truck in the woods-2

This is the second card we made in the A Muse workshop with Sherry Czarnecki...and it's my absolute favorite...in fact I'm kicking myself for not buying this cute little stamp...it has so many possibilities...I love the look of the distressed edges and the dotted paper gives the look of a snow storm...doesn't the truck look likes it's driving through a pile of snow...we used a punch for this technique...the brown dotted ribbon has a slight shimmer to it.
*****
The stamps are from A Muse and we used Copic markers to colour our cards.
*****
This is the version I made of the card when I got home...I had stamped off the truck on a piece of scrap paper, but I didn't reverse the image...I ran my whisper white card stock through the cuttle bug snow dots folder.

The trees are a little different and I did them on several pieces of scraps...this was great since I love ideas that encourage me to use up some of my scraps.

I used my scalloped edge and 1/16" hand held punches to get the effect of the snow.
*****
I used a soft moss dotted ribbon on my card and it too had a slight shimmer to it...this is one of my favorite ribbons.



Behind the tree in the truck I used a stampin' dimensional to pop it off the card a little...my truck went out to pick up the tree in calmer weather since I didn't have any dotted paper to give a snow storm effect...LOL.




Here are the two cards side by side...each are different but I love the look of both of them...this was so much fun...thanks Sherry for the techniques you taught us on this card we loved them.
*****
Thanks everyone for dropping in and sharing this fun card with me...I will be back tomorrow to share another one...enjoy the beautiful morning...and I hope everyone has a stampin' good day.
*****
Stampin' HUGZ

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin