Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Fishy Thank You

I love how this card turned out...it's an old stampin' up set I rediscover and had lots of fun with it...I made it a thank you card for a friend...and I think I'll be making a few more.



This is the fun recipe:

Stamp sets: fishy friends...2 step stampin' spring garden...and wonderful words.
*****
Card stock: crumb cake...very vanilla...marina mist...tempting turquoise...pear pizzazz DSP...cream shipping tags from Staples...and cream printer paper.
*****
Ink: early espresso...pear pizzazz...and soft sky.
*****
Pencils: s/u assorted water colour.
*****
Punches: forest branches folder and 1/4" hand held circle.
*****
Additional supplies: Caribbean bakers twine...The Robins Nest water dew drops...bigshot...fiskars...score-it...snail...crystal effects and sticky strip.




The dew drops really give the card lots of dimension and whimsy...inside I used cream printer paper with a little surprise.



The above pic is how I was going to leave the inside...but I felt it needed something else so as you can see from the below pic...I added some bubbles to the fish hiding in the sea grass...and I love it.


For the big finish I stamped some fishes to the outside back of the envelope



Thanks so much for droppin' by this morning...I had a great time making this card...enjoy the rest of your morning...and I hope you all have a stampin' good time.

Please remember Japan and her people in their time of need...stop by my favorite charity and donate if you can.

www.shelterbox.org


Stampin' HUGZ

1 comment:

Monica said...

AWESOME creation!

Have left you a little something on my blog.

xxx Monica

Blog Widget by LinkWithin