Monday, March 7, 2011

Yummy Diaper Cake

This is the fabulous Diaper Cake I made for my daughters Baby Brunch this past weekend...yes we had a brunch because she didn't want a baby shower...same difference I guess...we all had a great time eating and drinking...what could be better than relaxing and eating good food...lol...I was surprised it came out so nice...because it was a handful of trouble...when the directions tell you that you need two sets of hands...boy it wasn't kidding...lol...but I got it done.



The topper for my cake was a teddy bear..since this is going to be the theme for the new baby...I sent out Evites this time instead of hand made cards...I know!...I know!...bad Beverley...the evite had a teddy bear sitting on a chair...very cute...but I did make other things that I will share this week...the favours and thank you cards.



Here I have some diapers rolled up to look like a piece was cut out of the cake...it is sitting on a cake knife that I decorated with a teddy bear of course.


My daughters co-workers also bought over a diaper cake...this one was different from mine...and just as cute...the candles sticking out of the rolled up diapers are actually little tiny baby rattles.


This is the topper they had on the cake...a baby rattle/teether... very adorable.




Make It Monday #27
I will be sharing this project/gift with Michelle over at Make It Monday this week.



Stop over there and check out the great inspirations that she and all the other wonderful ladies have to share...it definitely gets the creative juices flowing.

www.michelle-pinkpaperparadise.blogspot.com


Thanks so much for droppin' by this morning and sharing my special project with me...this diaper cake was a lot of fun even though it also involved a lot of work too...not a quickie project...but I love that I was able to make it and it turned out very nice...have a great morning and a stampin' good time...hope you all stop by again.


Stampin HUGZ


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Beverely

Wow, the diaper cake looks amazing!! Such a lot of work but so worth it.

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Monica said...

What a pretty piece of creativity and a lot of patience gone in there.

xxx Monica

Blog Widget by LinkWithin