Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Miho's Just A Note Journal

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month...please remember to get your mammogram or do a self breast exam.
This is the fabulous pink and moss journal I altered for my daughters sister-in-law who is visiting with us from Japan this month...I must say I absolutely love it...pat! pat!...pat!...lol.




The front has pink chipboard flowers... I sizzixed the first letter of her name in old olive and added it to the center of the flowers...I chalked all the letters to give it a shabby look.


Inside I added this glassine envelope with next years calendar on the back...the front is my business card...of course I had to add some bling.


Here is a better look at the calendar and I used my punch to extend it so it would be easy to reach.


Each of the pages has her initial.


Plenty of tabs to separate the pages...each tab has different designs on them and is in soft coordinating colours.


This page has the just a note sentiment.


Another style of the just a note sentiment on some pages.


Still another style of the just a note sentiment on some of the pages.


On some of the pages I went with a please write sentiment.


I added this ring...and covered it with a pink and cream string...she can use it to mark her pages.


This was an absolutely fun project...it took me a while to complete it...but the look on Miho's face was totally worth all the effort I put into it...I know she will use it and treasure it for many years to come.


Think Pink Challenge
I am entering this project into the Whimsie Doodles October Challenge Think Pink...stop by and see all the wonderful work the design team and the other ladies have to share.

www.whimsiedoodles.blogspot.com


Thanks so much for droppin' by this morning...I'm visiting this week with my grand kids...as long as I can remember it has rained on my birthday...and today has been no exception...I have come to see it as being good luck...thanks for checking out this project and I hope you all have a stampin' good time.



Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

3 comments:

Hey Hey Paula said...

WOW! What a special gift. I love everything about it & I know your DIL will love it too.

whoistracy said...

What a great idea!! And thanks for all the detailed pictures, too. So glad you could play along with us on Whimsie Doodles!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Such a fantastic project!! Love the embellishment on the front and the book marker you made. Thanks for playing along with us for this month's Whimsie Doodles challenge.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin