Saturday, January 7, 2012

Karen's Journal Gift Set-1

A coworker asked me if I could make her a special journal for a friend that was just diagnosed with breast cancer...the journal would be given to her from a bunch of close friends...and they would all be signing the first two pages and also writing their thoughts on what Karen means to each of them...this was to be the start of her journal...and here is what I came up with...of course I'm way behind on posting and this was made last year...I'm very happy to be able to share the first half of it today with you.


The pages all have a lot of different quotes...the very first one is reminding her to think Positive...each one has been chalked around the edges with stampin' pastels.


I also stamped her initial on some of the pages in the center of each flower...the flower was already there...so it made this quick and easy to do.


On other pages I stamped a just a note.



Here is the cute initial book marker I made with some pretty ribbon.



Even the last page of the journal has a reminder that she is loved.


This is the long recipe:

Stamp sets: just a note sentiments...Hope Is...sprinkles...whimsical alphas uppers...pin wheel sentiment...online sentiments.
*****
Card stock: old olive...pretty in pink...pixie pink...patterns pack DSP...and chip board "K".
*****
Ink: pink pirouette...pixie pink...pretty in pink...old olive...and glorious green.
*****
Chalk: stampin' pastels.
*****
Punches: large oval...word window...1 1/4 and scallop circles...decorative label...rounded tab...spiral binding...sizzix lower case dies...small and mini pinwheels die...and swiss dots folder.
*****
Additional supplies: Pink and Moss Green Journal...clothes pins...glass domes...green staples...silver brads...honeydew bakers twine...pink ribbon foamies...pink ribbons...lollipop sticks...big shot...fiskar...score-it...snail...s/u mini glue dots...sticky strip...and crystal effects.



This is one of my favorite stamps...it says "when you care enough...you make it yourself".
Thanks so much for dropping by today and sharing the first half of this journal with me...I will have more to share tomorrow...I hope you all are having a great weekend...and a stampin' good time.


Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hi Bev, so sweet of you to work so hard on this. And what a BEAUTY you have churned out. It will touch the recipient so much.

Wish you a happy new year.
I have collected USD 500 dollars for Japan Red Cross and am looking for the best way to send the money to them.
Monica
Xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin