Monday, October 22, 2012

Birthday Road Trip and A Class

 October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.


Carol and I took a class in Simsbury, Connecticut to celebrate our birthdays this month...it's been a long time since we relaxed and took a class where we were the students this time...and what a great time we had...we will definitely be doing this again...in the class we made a card and an ornament.


 We took a Honey Pop Class...this unique paper is a lot of fun to work with...there is so many possibilities with it...I chose the red and white Honey Pop to make my ornament...which is a Christmas Bell.


You can see the paper has a honey comb look to it...and it sure is pretty...of course my pic taking skills don't do it justice.

 I ended up removing the snowflake sticker off my Christmas Bell Ornament...I liked the plain look much better...and the ribbon was very pretty too...they were a perfect match together.


 We then made our card using the honey pop paper...I forgot to ask Susan about this die that has the outside sentiment...after getting home and looking at it...I really love it...the scene was stamped in dark brown ink.


 We smudged over the sentiment using an ink chalk to give it a soft matte look...it went on so smooth...for mine I used the Gingerbread Chalk...and the sentiment was stamped in black ink.


We then wrapped the red card stock a few times with this pretty gold cording.


The lights in the house and outside of the house was done with Smooch Ink...it has a slight glitter to it...it sure made the lights look like they were on...lol!


The inside of the card was also decorated with coloured pencils and a sentiment added...inside we used the Honey Pop to make a candle...the Honey Pop lays flat when you close the card and it's very light weight...but when you open the card you get this below.


We made the long trip down and back safely...no stabbing in the hand incident to report this time...wish I had time to show you all the goodies I got myself for my birthday...it's wonderful to treat yourself...everything is right...LOL!
Thank you all so much for droppin' by this morning and sharin' another road trip with me...enjoy again this chilly morning but I prefer this to the other you know what...lol...enjoy the rest of the morning...have a great day...and I hope you all have a stampin' good time.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin