Sunday, January 20, 2013

Open Chevron Christmas 2012 in Japan

I have lots of scrappin' layouts to do...so the sooner I get started on them the better...this single layout is of my Grand Childrens visits to different trees in Japan...all the trees were so beautifully decorated...if you look closely at the layout...the top chevron is the opposite of the bottom chevron...this open chevron is perfect for double sided papers.


I had some beautiful double sided DSP and decided to use it for my layout...it worked great with the open chevron design...this layout was very easy to do...I took longer trying to decide what pics to use in the layout.


Here you can see the ornaments that I layered using the DSP and plain dark green card stock...using the ornaments die set...this is wonderful...no more cutting these differcult ornaments by hand...and chop!...chop!...I get it done quickly...I love the touch of the gold cording that works very well with the gold in the trees.


This is my easy recipe:

Card stock: Joys of the season trimmings DSP...and assorted scraps.
*****
Punches: framelits holiday ornaments die...and sizzix fun serif numbers die.
*****
Additional supplies: snail adhesive...S/U mini glue dots...BIG shot...and gold cording.


 Wow!...Wee!...it is very windy and cold here this morning...Had my cup of coffee earlier...but also have had two cups of hot tea...Brrrrrr!...when it's windy outside...inside my house is even colder...I bought some pretty silk scarves over the holidays to wear in the house around my neck when it gets cold like this...gee it makes me feel fancy...LOL!...Thanks for stoppin' by this morning and looking at my layout...I need to do a few of the layouts a week to catch up on my scrappin'...have a great day everyone...stay warm...and I hope you all have a stampin' good time.


Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin