Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day to all our troops and their loved ones...especially to those that are far away from their homes and families protecting this great nation...AMERICA...so that we may live free and safe...I thank you...friends and families thank you...AMERICA thanks you.
*****
This card took a little time...it was really an experiment so maybe that was why it took so long...but I like it...I stamped the image twice...once in brilliant blue...and again in real red...then I lightly spritzed it with water...holding the spritzer far away form the card...it gives it a mottled look....after cutting it out...I layered it with lots of scrap card stock to raise it off the base of the card...I did the same thing to the flag.
I don't think I'd make too many cards this way...because it's very heavy and will cost extra to mail.


This is the recipe:
Stamps: Flag from Ducks in a row.
*****
Card stock: whisper white...white printer paper from staples...and assorted scraps.
*****
Inks: real red...and brilliant blue.
*****
Additional supplies: star brads...red photo corners from ACMoore...sticky strip...spritzer bottle...score-it board...and cuttle bug decorative stars folder.


All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.
*****
As you can see...even though the card is white...I still chose to add the white printer paper...and I used my cuttle bug stars on each of the corners...I hope you can see it in the photos...it came out very light.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to stop by this morning...I wish you and your families a safe and happy Memorial Day.
*****
Have a stampin' good day.


Stampin' HUGS

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin