Wednesday, January 7, 2009

For You Gift Box

It was great to sit and be able to stamp and just relax this morning with my cup of hot tea...I have no plans to be any where or do I need to go out into that ice and snow today...schools have been cancelled so Carol will be home today also...maybe we will do some telephone stamping together (having a stampin' good time while chatting on the phone...LOL).
I altered this box and it was so much fun...I received it for Christmas with an assortment of Olive Oils...and as soon as I saw it I knew it would make a great project...and I was right.





The inside lid of the box also had it's own magnet snaps built into keep it closed...how great is that...LOL...since I wouldn't have been able to add them inside the lid the way the company has.






This is the recipe:

Stamps: All Holidays.
*****
Card stock: Butterfly Plaid from The Chasing Butterflies Collection by Daisy D's...and assorted scraps.
*****
Inks: wild wasabi(retired).
*****
Additional supplies: xyron adhesive machine...2X3 JUMBO oval punch...wide oval punch...sizzix oval bookplates...snail adhesive...sticky strip...wild wasabi striped grosgrain ribbon(retired)...green mix mini discs...crystal effects...and the cute box with magnets is from O and Company.





All supplies are from stampin' up unless otherwise noted.



The pics don't really do the box justice and I'm not the best picture taker to begin with anyway...LOL...the box is 9 1/2" long...4 1/2 " wide...and 2" deep...it would be great to add chocolates inside...or use it as a pen and pencil storage box...or anything that you can think of.




This was a great project to start off the new year with and I loved altering it...I wish I had more because I think my stampin' ladies would enjoy doing this project.
Thanks so much for dropping in this morning...I hope every one's New Year was great...mine was very nice...well it's time for me to see what I can do this morning...I hope everyone has a stampin' good day...if it's snowing and icy rain in your area...and you have to go out this morning please drive safely.



Stampin' HUGZ

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin