Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sweet Baby Altered Paint Can

This is a project we made in a workshop last month...but I had to add some more touches to mine...it's still not completed because after the baby is born...I will be able to add the name and date in the empty space at the top of the can...I can also add any other personal information that I may want.
*****
I used an old ice pick to punch holes into the side of the can...I then ran ribbon through it to make a handle...which I decorated with more ribbons...I find it easier to work with the paint cans that come without handles...opting to make my own handles with ribbons....If you decide to do a can that is masculine...you may want to go with the paint cans that have the handles.
*****
This is the recipe:
Stamps: Make it yourself by Stampendous..."to/from" by Serendipity Stamps.
*****
Card stock: so saffron...yo yo yellow...creamy caramel...soft tint green stripes from Paper Pizazz...assorted scraps...assorted card stock stickers...and velum sentiments.
*****
Inks: certainly celery...and riding hood red.
*****
Punches: JUMBO 3" scallop circle...country heart...scallop circle...1 3/8" circle...1/4" circle...and corner rounder from Marvy.
*****
Additional supplies: one gallon paint can with lid and can opener from The Home Depot...Ice pick...stampin' dimensionals...fiskar cutter...Xyron adhesive machine...snail adhesive...assorted ribbons from Joannes and Michael's...wild wasabi stripe grosgrain ribbon(retired)...hammer...cutting mat...sizzix square, circle, and teddy bear dies...cuttle bug baby...crystal effects...blue, pink, yellow, and green mini discs from Michael's.
*****
All supplies from stampin' up unless otherwise noted.


Above is the can opener...it is decorated with an assortment of ribbons...the teddy bears outfit is made with some scrap papers...and it's top off with some cute lime green ribbon and lime green mini discs.



This is another pic of the bear tag and a velum sentiment.



This is another cute velum sentiment...I love the button...it's a sweet touch.



This is the gift tag...it can also be used later as a book marker...the baby cuttle bug folder is one of my favorites of all the folders.





This is the back of the book marker...the hearts are from left over scraps.





This is the top off the can...decorated with an assortment of left over scraps from the paper around the can and some solid scraps...also I added some mini discs.




This is the inside of the can...with another velum sentiment.




I finished off the can with this sentiment made with my favorite stamp "when you care enough...you make it yourself"...it's nestled in the center of a couple of circles...surrounded by country hearts...and a jumbo scallop circle.
*****
This was a very fun project...it did take some time...but the effort was worth it...I'm pleased with how it turned out and can't wait to add the personalization...thank you so much for stopping by this morning and sharing my project...I enjoy seeing my visitors stop in and share a cup of tea with me...stay warm today...enjoy the morning...and have a stampin' good day.



Stampin' HUGZ

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin