Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happily Ever After

This is the wedding reception card I made for a friend of my daughter...she was married in Hawaii and wanted colours that reminded her of the evening of the wedding...the finished card ended up looking a little different because I used my cuttle bug folder for the background instead of hand stamping it...but the colours are the same...I wish I'd taken a pic of all of them lined up on the table...it looked awesome.
*****
*****
This is the recipe:
Stamps: A lifetime of happiness...fancy flexible phrases...and wonderful words...all are retired sets.
*****
Card stock: wild wasabi and marigold morning are both retired...very vanilla...glorious green...pretty in pink and white printer paper.
*****
Inks: wild wasabi and marigold morning are both retired...regal rose...pink pirouette...and whisper white pigment ink.
*****
Punches: scallop edge...designer label...crop-a-dile...top note...and the final version of the card I used cuttle bug floral screen folder.
*****
Additional supplies: snail adhesive...stampin' demensionals...lemon eyelets from Making Memories...big shot...fiskar cutter...score-it...and heat gun.




All supplies are from stampin' up unless otherwise noted.





This project took me about two weeks from start to finish...I made samples and we e-mailed back and forth till I came up with something she liked...the finished cards turned out beautiful if I may say so (PAT...PAT...PAT)...I was very happy when she liked them also.


I almost forgot...the final version I also added glitter to the wedding bells using my Sakura clear star glitter pen.inside the card I printed out the celebration details under the heading of:
Celebrate
A Lifetime of Happiness



The project was a lot of work but it was fun and the reward was that she liked it.


Thank you all so much for stopping in this morning and sharing my card and a cup of coffee with me...enjoy the rest of the morning and I hope you all have a stampin' good day.






Stampin HUGZ

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin