Monday, July 5, 2010

Always Appreciate Life Gift Set

A friend and coworker received some devastating news this month and I wanted to do a little more than just a regular get well card...I hope it's inspiration as well as bringing a smile to her face when she looks at it...and knows that I'm thinking about her and will remember her in my prayers.



I cased a card that I had made last year...and for the gift wrapping instead of a box or bag I used a soda bottle.



As a reminder I made and attached this gift tag to the whisk to remind her that she can beat this.



I put the whisk inside the decorated soda bottle and tied the top with raffia.



This the fun recipe:

Stamp sets: brush stroke alphabets upper and stamp craft alphabet.
*****
Card stock: Melissa Frances Endure, Hope, Strong, and designer stickers...yellow chipboard...assorted scraps...pink heart tissue paper...and cream printer paper.
*****
Ink: pixie pink.
*****
Markers: pixie pink...sakura clear and rose star glitter pens.
*****
Punches: 2 1/4" scallop square...2 3/4" circle...lace edger...primitive heart......S/U scallop square...heart to heart...and tag corner.
*****
Additional supplies: snail...crystal effects...s/u mini glue dots...stampin' dimensionals...pink mix mini discs...pink stitch ribbon...burgundy raffia...soda bottle...fiskar...score-it...pink brad...and pink whisk from Kitchen Aide.




Inside the card i used cream printer paper...and as everyone knows that is my absolutely fav embelli...then I used my lace edger on the bottom of the paper.




Thanks for sharing this project with me this morning...I love how it turned out...it's going to be a hot and humid one today...so try and stay cool...I'm so happy to be back stampin' again...it will take me time to catch up and get going but I can do it...a BIG thank you to my BFF Carol for filling in for me...you did a great job...thank you.