Saturday, October 1, 2011

I am Humbled...and Happy World Card Making Day!

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month...it's time to schedule your mammograms...this month for all my cards and projects I will be making them in pink or adding something pink on them...this is not only going to be fun but maybe a little challenging...but I'm up for the game...every day this month I will also gently remind you to get your mammograms done...the life you save maybe your own or that of a loved one...I will be using The Melissa Francis Collection in a lot of my work this month...I admire her very much and her papers are just beautiful...Melissa is a breast cancer survivor and supporter...I want to thank her for sharing her beautiful work with all of us.

Today is also World Card Making Day...so have fun making cards to give or share...Happy World Card Making Day everyone.

This is the first of the cute cards I'll make for Breast Cancer Awareness Month...the pink bow is a pink and cream string that is a little thicker than twine...and boy oh! boy it is so soft...I love it.


I used The Melissa Francis Collection for this card...the papers look like I used chalk on them...but it's already part of the design that gives it the nice soft look of being slightly distressed.


Here is my recipe:

Card stock: pretty in pink...whisper white...assorted scraps...white printer paper...Printed DSP and Thankful Heart ticket book from The Melissa Francis Collection.
*****
Ink: rose red.
*****
Punches: jewelry tag and diamonds in the rough fol
der.
*****
Additional supplies: pink and cream string...clear and pink bling...big shot...score-it...fiskar...snail...and stampin' dimensionals.


I found this little scrap and it worked beautifully with the jewelry punch...and I added some pink cell phone bling...LUV it!


Make it Monday's challenge #56
I've been away so long...but it's wonderful to be back and see all the wonderful inspirations haven't stopped coming in...I really missed looking at all the beautiful submissions from the other ladies and the DT's members...I am entering my card into this weeks challenge...please stop by and see all the work they have to share.

www.ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com



Thanks so much for droppin' by this morning and sharing my card...please remember to schedule a mammogram as soon as possible...have a wonderful weekend...enjoy the rest of the day...and I hope you all have a stampin' good time.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

2 comments:

Mary J said...

Such a pretty make! I love the softness of it! Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party!!

Mary J x

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty card - and inspired by a fantastic cause
Thanks for linking up at Make it Monday this week
Lisa x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin