Sunday, May 27, 2012

Beverley and The GASS

Carol and I took a R and R day on Friday...and went to our favorite stamping store...The GASS...what a great time we had...breakfast was a giant bagel from a new deli since our regular place had gone out of business...I miss them...lunch was at our favorite restaurant in Westport...Mickey D's...lol...and for dessert we stopped at Cold Stone Creamery for the first time ever for ice cream...Carol's banana, maple walnut, caramel looked delicious...she said it was great...but I wasn't impressed with mine...a black cherry ice cream in a waffle cone...and for the money...I could have purchased two turkey hill ice creams at my Shoprite...which I would have loved...but it wasn't about the food or money for the food...it was all about the wonderful time with a good friend that was important to us.



Here I am with my hair all frizzed from the rain...wind...and humidity...I didn't care...I was having a great time...and we hadn't even entered the store yet...lol...but we had to stop for the pics.


Look at all the fabulous DSP...everyone I picked up was prettier than the one before...I had such a hard time choosing...I finally narrowed it down to these twelve sheets...really twenty four when you see that they are all doubled sided.


I had to grab myself a handful of bling to decorate my projects.



I had a hard time picking out ribbons...since there's so many pretty colours to choose from...so I narrowed it down to some pinks for an upcoming project that I have in mind....I rolled them on clothes pins to keep them nice and neat.


Judy had all the new Momento inks and refills in...I had to get the Gray Flannel to try...it looks like a very dark gray...and I picked up refills for it and my Tuxedo Black that I had at home already.



I'm going to get to try some of these new popular Washi Tapes...put a couple of these pretty colours in my basket...I have polka dots and some stripes...so yummy looking...I can't wait to start playing with these...so very pretty.



 I really held back on all the stamps that I wanted to get...but these were calling my name...and I had to bring them home with me...especially the cupcake with the balloons...I couldn't pass that one up.


Some new type of glitters and bling fragments that I just have too try...I love the name of the fragments called Shaved Ice...the other fragment is called Tea stain...I will use the sugar shimmer glitter with the Shaved Ice...and the Pralines and Cream glitter with the Tea Stain Fragments...but they can be mixed and matched of course...and I love the fact that the glitters come in salt shakers...wonder who thought of that.


These are the fabulous punches and die that I treated myself too...LUV them...actually the only reason I bought the butterfly die was for the body of the butterfly with those two thingy feelers...so that I wouldn't have to cut them out any more...expensive...yes!...but I deserved the treat...lol.


At the end of the afternoon...(we were in the shop for four hours)...we were still smiling...even though we had gone way!...way! over and busted our intended budgets...LOL...but the day was Priceless...and we absolutely loved everything we purchased...and Carol loved the clay class she took...she now has a new passion...I'm truly glad that I stayed away from that class...lol. 


This was a great way to start off the weekend...Bagel breakfast in Wooster Hollar $5.00 each...Lunch at Mickey D's $3.00 each...Dessert at Stone Cold Creamery $5.00 each...an absolutely wonderful day spent with a great friend PRICELESS!...a BIG THANK YOU again to my buddy for a great day...thanks for spending the morning with me...enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend...stay safe...and I hope you all have a stampin' good time.


Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin