Thursday, June 26, 2014

Star Spangled Day is Kawaii

I know I say this all the time...but I can't help it...I love this card...and to top it off it's also Kawaii...LOL.
 
 
The stamp set I used...Star Spangled Day has been retired from Stampin' Up for many years...but it is one of my many favorites...and I'm always happy when I have a reason to use it. 
 
 
 If you look closely at the bottom of the card...I did a Zig Zag or Chevron design using my embossing folder...love the little watermelon...Totally Kawaii.

 
 
Adding the stars was a last minute touch...I had scraps left over and just couldn't throw them out since I could still get them to fit in the star punch...how many times have you hesitated at throwing out a scrap of Paper...especially DSP...LOL...I do all the time. 
 
 
 
 
This is the easy recipe:
 
Stamp set: star spangled day.
*****
Card stock: whisper white...bashful blue...island indigo...blush blossom...real red...and white printer paper.
*****
Ink: island indigo.
*****
Markers: stampin' write.
*****
Punches: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circles...corner rounder...small star...and zig zag folder.
*****
Additional supplies: diamond stickles...snail...sticky strip...stampin' dimensionals...shore bakers twine...simply scored plate...big shot and fiskars.
 

 
 
Crazy 4 Challenges 241
 It is the third week of the month and it's SKETCH IT time!...over at Crazy 4 Challenges...this was a fun one to play with...stop over at the blog and see some of the wonderful inspiration that the DT Members have to share...while there take a peek at the other entries too...Fabulous work everyone.


  
 
 
 

Pile it On #25 - Oddball Stamps - Kawaii/Cute
This week over at Pile it On they have a Fabulous New Challenge...and they want to see Kawaii or Cute themes in our cards/projects...Kawaii is Japanese for Cute...so stop by the blog...and see all the Kawaii cards.

  
 
 
 
 The colors this week over at Colour Q Challenge are inspired by this gorgeous little Stiefmütterchen Skirted Dress at the Tea Collection...stop by and see what the DT Members Inspired us with. 

 
 
 
 
TTCRD challenge June 24th-30th
It's an “Anything Goes” Challenge this week over at The Craftroom Door...stop over there and see some of the Fabulous work everyone has to share. 
 
 
 
Thanks for taking a few minutes this morning to stop by and take a peek at my card...it was a nice relaxing morning...and I had fun to boot...I have to se what my next project will be...but first...a cuppa coffee...have a great day everyone...and I hope you all have A Stampin' Good Time. 
 
 
Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a fun card,Beverley, love all those stars! So glad you played with us at the colourQ.

Cara said...

Great card. I love that layout too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
Please join us again! (Hugs) Cara

BethieJ said...

GREAT card!
Thanks for joining us at PIO last week!
Have a GREAT day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin