Monday, September 3, 2007

Patriotic Buckets













I picked up these cute little red and blue buckets a couple of years ago when my daughter and I went to Florida...it was a store like a dollar shop...only everything wasn't a dollar...and I can't remember the name of the place and there was no name on the old receipt...I would have purchased more, but they only had two and they were $1.25 each and are 5 1/2 inches tall...but I found them last night in my stash closet and thought it was perfect for today...there was hardly and stampin' that had to be done...this was a fun item to alter.

















On the red bucket I used my Crop-a-dile to punch some holes at the top of the bucket to put the white and blue star brads ...at the base of the bucket I had Navy Blue Star Ribbon from the Card Company...I had to run it through my Xyron so it would stick really well...I don't know if you can tell, but over the opening of the large star in the middle ...I used the heavy plastic from the box that the brads came in to cover the star opening...I cut out two pieces and dusted it with the Dazzling diamonds from Stampin' Up...sandwiched them together and used the red Sticky Strip from Stampin' Up to hold it together and hold it to the inside over the opening of the star ...the Red Star Ribbon is from the Card Company...the plain blue and white ribbons are from Michael's...the tag is made from left over scraps of card stock...Whisper White, Brilliant Blue and Real Red...the "Celebrate" sentiment is from Wonderful Words and is stamped with Brilliant blue ink...stamp set, card stock, and ink are both from Stampin' Up.














The blue bucket is just as cute too...on the top of the bucket I glued on the plastic stars from the Great American Stamp Store...it is time consuming but I had to use the red Sticky Strip from Stampin' Up to hold them onto the metal...you just cut little pieces and put on the back of each star...it works great...the base of the bucket is a Red Star Ribbon from the Card Company...and the plain red ribbon is from Michael's...I used the same technique to cover the opening on the star as I did on the red bucket...the tag is also from card stock in my scrap box...Whisper White, Real Red, and Brilliant Blue...the sentiment is stamped in Real Red and the stamp set used was Warmest Regards which is retired from stampin' up...ink and card stock are also from Stampin' Up.














I was very pleased with how my little buckets turned out...they could be filled with candy or nuts...or given to a favorite teacher with a couple of pens and/or pencils in it...or they could be given as a door prize filled with stampin' goodies in them...whatever I do with them I think the recipients are going to love them as much as I do.
Enjoy the fabulous weather...and have a fantastic stampin' good day.
HUGS

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin