Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Easel Card

Here is the fabulous card we made in class a couple of weeks ago...I absolutely adore this Tim Holtz Die and will definitely be making more cards in the next couple of weeks with it...my good buddy Carol loaned me her die to make a project...and I just had to have my own...I think it maybe retired because I had a had time finding it...but after driving all over kingdom come...I got one in my hot little hands...Yaaaaaaaah!!!


The card we made was a Easel card...it looks difficult but was quite easy to make and can be made into a multitude of sizes...I love the mixed bunch stamp set so the flowers were added to this project also...the second bird was cut in half so that it would fir into the cage...of course you can do a single bird and it would look just as terrific too...great card project since almost no cutting...everything is cut out with the punches.


Inside there wasn't lots of room so I stamped Happy Mothers Day...and punch it out with my scallop oval...perfect if I can say so myself...Oooops!...I just did...lol.


This is the very easy recipe:

Stamp sets: teeny tiny wishes and mixed bunch.
*****
Card stock: pear pizzazz...rich razzleberry...very vanilla...assorted scraps and cream printer paper.
*****
Inks: pear pizzazz....rich razzleberry...tempting turquoise...and more mustard.
*****
Pen: sakura black glaze.
*****
Punches: 1" and 3/4" circle...1'16" hand held circle...scallop border...blossom...two step bird...jewelry tag...caged bird die...and Poteeka birds folder.
*****
Additional supplies: pink dew drops...snail...stampin dimensionals...glue dots...crystal effects...gold jewelry split jump ring...BIG shot...fiskar and score-it. 


  Below you can see that I added the split jump ring to the top of the bird cage...it makes the cage looks like it's ready to hang from a hook or tree...it's funny how a change in lighting changes the card...you would think that pic is of a different card...but I later realized that I hadn't taken a pic of the split jump ring...I was too lazy to go back downstairs so I took the pic upstairs...what a big difference...the cage looks like a red/brown...the birds look pink instead of red...and the embossed card background looks gold instead of green.



 Thanks so much for stoppin' by this morning and checking out our fabulous class project...we had a great time making it...a big thank you to my stampin' ladies for a great evening as usual...and as I said before you will be seeing more of them as I love this die...enjoy the rest of this beautiful weather we are having this weekend...I hope you are having some of the same...have fun this morning...and I hope you all have a stampin' good time.


Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin